Friday, August 7, 2009

March 14, 2009


Current mood: angsty
BLAHHH. This week has been hectic! I don't even know where to start!

I guess I'll start from Monday.....
Yeah, nothing exciting happened on Monday.

Let's fast forward to Thursday....
So I went for my doctor's appointment at noon. Yay, who doesn't love doctor's appointments? I just like hearing Molly's heartbeat. Well, when I arrived, it turns out my doctor was in surgery, so her physician's assistant filled in for her. She was pretty nice. I could tell she was nervous as hell, but whatever. So I started asking her questions to make her feel more comfortable...I even made her laugh! She measured my uterus & told me that I was 28 weeks and 3 days along. So I was like, "No, I'm 30 weeks and 3 days along..." & She said, "Not according to your ultrasound...you're due on the 30th of May, right?" & I told her no, that was impossible cause I was charting my basal body temperature & I KNOW when I ovulated...I was honestly aiming for natural birth control with the BBT, (INCASE you were curious!) but uh..yeah. The opposite happened hahaha!

ANYWAY,
The PA decided to do an ultrasound on me for her benefit..she needed the practice, & she felt comfortable enough to ask, & of COURSE I said yes! She wanted to make sure miss Molly was head down..which she is..good baby. So she took some measurements & we watched Molly throw a party in there. She would NOT hold still! It was adorable. We double checked to see if she was a girl, & sure enough, there was no penis! Yay! & then we just watched her move around. The PA decided to show me her spine, & Molly put her hand behind her back & made a fist at us! It was the cutest thing ever. We were both laughing. She's too adorable.

So after she took the measurements, at my "30 week" ultrasound, little miss Molly was measuring at 29 weeks & 4 days. She wanted to consult with my doctor about what she thinks about my due date...so we'll see. I'm going to take in my ovulation charts to show them though! Cause that was the main purpose of doing them...to get my periods straightened out, & to not have sex on the days around my ovulation.

BASICALLY, what it boils down to in my opinion & what my instincts are telling me is that Molly is just a very tiny little girl. If I was really due on the 30th, there is no way in hell I would've gotten my positive pregnancy test when I did. (September 16...5 days after my missed period...) So we'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated.

As far as weight gain goes, I'm sure some of you will be laughing in my face when I tell you that I've gained a total of...28 pounds. I figured out that it's fluid..not fat. My legs & feet are swollen & itchy! VERY itchy! So I guess that's a big relief since I'm barely eating. Yeah. I've gotten fast food everyday this week haha. & that's about the only meal I get cause I purposely make it so I'm never home. I hate being home alone.

OKAY that's the Molly update. My little babe. I hope 9 weeks flies by super fast.

I think Steve & I decided to move for real this time. The main thing that was stopping us was deposit, & first month's rent...Well, we found an apartment with washer & dryer hookups, a safe neighborhood, & it's closer to college & the air force base! Best of all, deposit is only $100, & first month's rent is only $100! So we'll be saving a lot in the first month. Not to mention, our deposit here was $400, so we'll be getting that back. We're going to talk to the landlords on Tuesday, & we're putting in our 30 days notice here the same day. The downside is...all of Steve's guy friends are overseas in the UAE...so we'll probably need a little bit of help moving. Not to mention...I really can't move furniture. But I can pack & un-pack. & I do it well haha. But I'm very excited to get out of this neighborhood. We have a lot of friends that live over there, so I'm sure we'll be safe. I just want to get this done as quickly & painlessly as I can! So..next month, there won't be anymore crazy stories about how I watched someone get stabbed, or how someone offered to take my garbage out so I could give them my plastic bottles, (that happened last night while I was cleaning out my car...I was FREAKED OUT.) or...yeah! no more ghetto people. Also, we're looking into getting another car this weekend. Things are finally pulling together for Molly! I'm so happy!

--ANYWAY, 1 more thing. April's son Thomas has been in the hospital for 3..or 4 nights maybe? I have prego brain so bad I can't remember...But he's been diagnosed with RSV, pneumonia, & bronchialitis. RSV only affects kids, & Amanda's daughter Adrianna has it too. The younger the child is, the harder it hits them....Hopefully April's youngest son Scott doesn't get it. He's only 4 months old, but he's a little tank. He's been doing just fine & staying in the clear so far. Unfortunately, her husband is in the UAE, so needless to say he's probably worried sick. I've been at the hospital everyday with them after class for support. Anyway, Thomas will most likely be discharged tomorrow, (yay!) & Scott is yet to succomb to the sickness. Hopefully things stay that way! Those two boys mean the world to me! I'm always bragging about them to everyone I know like they're my nephews or something haha. But Yeah. April is one of my closest friends here, & I've been trying to help her hang in there. I wish I could just make all of them feel better by waving a wand or something! But I can't. I'm doing all I can for now, & just hoping with everything I have that things get better. It's been a scary week.

But hey, that's military wives for ya. Since no one here really has family, we all help eachother. & I wouldn't be able to stay here if it weren't for the amazing friends I've met.

ALRIGHT, well, it's 1:30 AM...Me & a bunch of people from my chemistry class are all getting together at 10 AM to study for our 2 hour lab exam on Tuesday, & our 1 hour chapter exam on Thursday. I'm barely hanging on in that class, so I need to study my ass off. I have a 67%...shut up. It's hard. haha.

Okay that's my huge update. I'm going to hit the sack. I'll write next week.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment