Friday, August 7, 2009

September 3, 2008

*sigh.*

I guess no one is above the law. Not even me.
I thought I would never get a ticket in my life because I'm that always that one person to defy something when a subject comes up. For instance:

Global Warming: Of course I'll go against everything everyone is doing & decide that even if I change to eco friendly light bulbs or drive a hybrid or stop throwing out my recycleables in the trash that I'm not going to make a difference. So I won't even bother.

Voting: I've also come to realize that my vote or my say DOES NOT MATTER when it comes to choosing the next president, so I will most likely not register as a voter to the conservative side any time soon.

School: When it comes to participation in class, I will most likely be the one focused on something else thinking that nothing I do matters, & that the loud mouths will take care of all the embarrassing partcipation activites.

Driving: I've always been one to cut corners when it comes to driving. I'll drive through parking lots at red lights, hit cars at wal-mart and run away, pass people in the bike lane, park in the staff parking lot at college, & run red lights when no one is around. Doing all this illegal stuff for the whole 10 months I've had my license kinda makes me think I'm an invincible driver. Well, I thought wrong.

Today at college I got out of class to find two parking tickets slapped on my windshield. I owe exactly $45 for:
A) parking without a visible permit &...
B) Driving an unregistered vehicle.

GREAT. --& Steve wasn't too happy. But it's his fault for not getting our car registered because I can't get a parking permit without a registration. So now I have to pay a dollar a day to avoid getting ticketed again. fucking fantastic. I still haven't gotten pulled over yet. Or been in a real accident. Despite all that, I think you have to be a pretty good driver to be an ignorant driver who weaves through traffic. --Which I also do on a daily basis when I have no passengers. Come to think of it... I would totally be amazing at grand theft auto if I was an actual burgular...maybe that's something I should look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment