Friday, August 7, 2009

October 28, 2008

Hey guys!

Okay, this will finally be a good update. I had the best weekend EVER. I went to San Francisco to see Schuyler, & we had a blast. I felt like I was back home! haha. I guess it was just seeing Schuyler that made me feel all like "yay I'm hooome!" He didn't change one bit. & his artwork he does for the art institute he's going to is so badass! I wish I was talented like that.

Anyway, we went to this amazing beach in Pacifica California, just outside San Francisco, & it was beautiful. The waves were huge! & I saw people surfing for the first time in my life. There was a Taco Bell on the beach, so of course we went there for lunch. The ambiance of the whole town was just perfect. You could totally tell it was a surfer town. (Sigh) I wish I could surf! It's been my dream since like..forever. ugh. But it was WAY too cold outside, it was super foggy, & the water was like ice, so there was no way I was getting in the ocean in those conditions! Otherwise, I would've given it a shot. It looked amazing. Other than going to Pacifica, Schuyler's sister took us to this really good place for breakfast called "Heidi's Pies" haha. & it was the best. It reminded me of my Grandma's restaurant she used to have. So I got toast & bacon & cinnamon french toast for breakfast just for the hell of it because that's what my Grandma used to make me when we came in every Sunday. & ironically, we went to that restaurant on a Sunday.

So today, I had my first pre-natal appointment! yay! I didn't get an ultrasound, but I did get to hear the heartbeat. It was so awesome! My doctor was trying to find the heartbeat for like..2 minutes maybe. So we finally heard one, & me & Steve looked at him & he said, "that's your heartbeat." haha. So he looked around for a few more minutes, & after hearing a bunch of static we finally heard the fig's heartbeat! (it's a fig this week by the way. ) It was a strong heartbeat, & definitely beating twice as fast as mine hahaha. But it was very cool. I couldn't believe it.

After all the exciting stuff, I got tortured basically hahaha. I got the regular womanly routine done, plus a TON of bloodwork. There was a lot of stuff they had to test for, including the unneccessary HIV test, & they took like 8 huge vials of blood. The phlebotomist was pretty nice. She asked Steve if he wanted to watch me take a urine sample hahahaha. He was like, "no, I'll just...wait out here."

So after all the labwork was done, Steve decided to force me to find a Halloween costume for our Halloween party we're hosting this weekend. After arguing with him for weeks about how much I hate Halloween & I DON'T want to participate, I finally gave in. We went to the Halloween store at the mall which pretty much looks like you're walking straight into hell, & I tried to find a costume. I picked out a slutty "Christie Creme's" outfit, but he shot that down. Then I wanted to be a banana, but he shot that down too. So I gave up basically. We bought a few items for our party, & by the time we got up to the cashier to pay, I wasn't feeling good AT ALL. I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't tell what it was. It was a feeling I never felt before. I felt my eyes rolling in the back of my head, & Steve kept asking me what was wrong, & all I kept saying was, "I'm tired." I could hardly hear him! My eyesite looked like it was going bad..like..it was getting dark or something, & when he talked to me it kinda sounded like the teacher from snoopie haha. So pretty much, I had the feeling like I stood up too fast times 5, & it wasn't going away. So I finally said, "I need to sit down." & I passed out. Right in the store. Right on the...floor. I wasn't unconscious for more than like..20 seconds? & I woke up to a crowd of halloween lovers crowded around me. I just said "I'm fine." & got up & left. How embarrassing! I know it was from the bloodwork. I've never donated blood for the same reason. I know they took the same amount or more when they were doing my tests. So that's why I passed out I guess! my Madre does the same thing. Except she passed out in a garbage can in the women's bathroom. Sounds like something out of a movie hahaha. Like Mother like Daughter!

So after I came home & took a nap, Steve & I went to pick up a few last minute things for his costume, & I finally picked out something I want to be. & that is.....a....rainbow! --in the non-gay way hahaha. I'm not big into dressing up for Halloween. I've always been like a raver or something since like 8th grade. I hate getting in costume. But I picked out cool make-up, & some spray on hair dye, & I bought a bunch of glowsticks. Now I just have to find a rainbow looking shirt to match. Hopefully it doesn't look stupid. haha. I'll be sure to take pictures.


--So that's the story of my weekend, & today. I'm glad to know the fig is in there chillaxin & healthy. So that's good...considering I haven't taken my vitamins in a week.
heh heh. My doctor prescribed me some prenatals, so I'll be sure to pick those up eventually. Don't worry.

Okay, well I'll write next week sometime after everything is said & done!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment