Friday, August 7, 2009

May 25, 2009

Molly is here!

We finally got home today. I had to stay an extra 24 hours in the hospital because I was GBS positive. --Anyway, I'll share the details since I have time!

Okay.

Thursday at 6am, I woke up & got everything ready & perfect for Molly. I stayed up all night the night before, so I was running on 2 hours of sleep...yeah, not good! Steve & I drove an hour to the hospital, & when we got there they told us to come back at 9am because they were full. There were only 8 beds, but 10 people. Crazy!

We came back at 9, & they said to go home & call at 11. I called at 11, & they said to call back at 1. I called back at 1, & they said to call back at 4. Finally, after playing phone tag for 5 hours, they said I'll just be induced the next day at 6am.

I was sleeping the whole time. & it's a good thing I was, because I got a call at 8pm from the hospital that said to come in right away & be there by 9! It definitely caught me off guard.

We get there at 9, I had my water broken, Chelsea arrived, & I got started on pitocin at like..10? We played uno, laughed a whole bunch...it was very enjoyable. Chels was great. She had to work at 8am, but she stayed with us all night!

--Anyway, my contractions started to get bad at about 4am. I was 7cm dilated, & I ended up getting an epidural. I'm so glad I did though. Screw going natural! It's like a..."Why walk when you can drive?" concept I guess. hahaha. I highly recommend the epidural. I was talking & laughing right after I got it. I did a complete 180! I felt no pain at all after that. When I got to 10cm, I still wasn't really feeling pain, just pressure. & that didn't even hurt. So I got the O.K. to start pushing! I was laughing & smiling & talking in between pushes. The only time it hurt was when I got close, & the nurse said, "Don't push! I have to check to see when the doctor is coming!" --Yeah, I screamed in pain. Once my doctor got there, all she did was torture me! haha. Molly was crowning, (which wasn't that bad!) & then one huge giant painful push later, (followed by an "AGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!") Molly was born! My doctor put her on my chest & I just started crying! I don't remember much after that. I just kept wiping Molly off & saying, "you're okay! You're going to be okay!" for like 10 minutes. Steve cut the cord, & he got her on video! We sang happy birthday to her while they were stitching me up, (1st degree tear...it doesn't hurt that bad.) & then I was wheeled off to the post partum room to recover. I honestly don't remember much after that.

Molly is such a sweetheart though. Oh my goodness. She's the most well-behaved baby I've ever seen. She hardly ever cries. Loves to cuddle. I can't believe I made her!

Steve is the best dad in the whole world. I almost feel bad for writing all of that crap last week! He really did come around. He's absolutely in love with Molly. & he's been such a big help. Really. He came around while I was in labor pushing, (he counted for me!) & holy crap I cannot thank him enough. Now that I'm feeling better I'm trying to take over feeding Molly & changing her, but he never lets me! He just loves his little girl.

--Well. I do have night duty. We worked this out because he has to work in the morning, & I'm up at crazy hours anyway all the time. But other than that. Damn. I wish he was my dad! hahaha.

--So it's been a pretty eventful weekend. I could not be happier though.

I'm going to catch a few hours of sleep before I have to wake up Molly to feed her. She's such an angel.

Just thought I would update everyone!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment