Friday, August 7, 2009

September 27, 2008

So I've been in one of my weird spontaneous moods today. I know this is no time to fuck around with the baby coming in 9 months, but I don't think I want to be a nurse anymore.

I really only wanted to do it for the job security, & the salary. But now I'm not so sure. --Well, I was interested in how babies were born & stuff, so I really wanted to be an ultrasound technician as well, but then I thought, "hey. Why not just be a nurse." So here I am taking pre-requisites to the nursing course which I'm totally going to dread. This is what I've been planning to do since the beginning of last year, but now I'm really not so sure.

I'm not going to drop out of college & be a failure. I'm going to change my major. Something I should've done a long long time ago.

When someone goes to college to get a degree & learn a trade they're going to do for the rest of their life, they might as well enjoy it right? You have to go to college to continue doing something you're good at. Well, I think I want to become a music major. To my advantage, there is an associate's degree I can get at Yuba for a music major. I could fly right through my courses & not worry about failing a thing. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. damnn. I need to stop & listen to people more often. --Well I guess the only reason I didn't do it before was because of the salary, & I refuse to teach piano. But that could definitely change. Maybe if I do really good at Yuba, I can get a scholarship to a UC university or something. I got a scholarship to music camp, why not a college?

I have 2 church pianist jobs on the line right now on base. I just substitued for the protestant church for 2 weeks, & now they want to re-place their usual pianist with ME! & if that wasn't enough a sign that this is what I should be doing for the rest of my life, they also offered me the Catholic church pianist permanent position in January. So I'll have 2 pianist jobs before I even get my degree. --But their self employed, so I'll get raped by taxes. --Anyway.

The job salary for a church organist is $25,000 a year on average. & only working like 2 hours a week, I think that's pretty substantial. Plus, I could work at more than one church and even make $50,000 a year. That's about as much as I'd be making as a nurse.

Plus, you earn extra money for playing at weddings & funerals, which I have experience doing as well.

& with Steve going to college after he gets out of the air force, I have to support the both of us, & our baybay. So if I only work 2 hours a week & bring in the money while he goes to school, we'll be spending a ton of time together. Plus he gets that e-5 pay & a housing stipend while he's in college. definitely a nice little bonus.

--The main reason I posted this on myspace was because I neeeeeeed to know if I'm being spotaneous, or rational. What do you think? I mean, I know you can't decide for me, but any input, or advice, or opinions would be more than appreciated.

loveee you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment